NATIONAL IDENTITY NUMBER (NIN) ENROLLMENT CENTRES IN GERMANY
This is to inform Nigerians that the German Authories have returned a Voters card and two Driver's License that were misplaced by Nigerians. If you have or know anyone that has misplaced any of these items, please come to the Embassy with proof to claim the item.
REVISED COVID-19 TRAVEL PROTOCOL FOR TRAVELLERS ARRIVING NIGERIA
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS AND EMBASSY CLOSURE 2024
Quarantine Protocol Compliance Form
Download the quarantine protocol compliance form
030 212 30 280
030 212 30 300
030 212 30 305
- Modified date 08.11.2023 NEWLY LAUNCHED ENHANCED E-PASSPORT The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Nigeria wishes to inform all Nigerians that the Nigeria Immigration...
- Modified date 29.04.2019 CHANGE IN VISA APPLICATION PROCEDURE TO ALL VISA APPLICANTS IN GERMANY In compliance with a directive from the Federal government of Nigeria,...
- Modified date 08.01.2016 LIST OF IMPORTED PRODUCTS NO LONGER SUPPORTED BY NIGERIAN FOREIGN EXCHANGE MARKETS PUBLIC NOTICE Recently, the Central Bank of Nigeria...
- Modified date 04.08.2011 RENUNCIATION OF NIGERIAN CITIZENSHIP 4/NEB.12/Vol.VII ...
NOTIFICATION FOR VISA APPLICANTS
The Embassy wishes to inform all visa applicants that the address of the VFS office will be changed to Zimmerstrasse 68, 10117 Berlin from 29 January 2024. The previous address of Regus Am Potsdamer Platz 10 Haus 2 5.OG, Office 516, 10785 Berlin will operate in parallel until 30 January 2024.
Please be guided.
NEWLY LAUNCHED ENHANCED E-PASSPORT
The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Nigeria wishes to inform all Nigerians that the Nigeria Immigration Service has launched the Enhanced E-Passport in all Nigerian Diplomatic Missions. This new form of passport enrollment will ensure enhanced reliability, durability and increase the national security integrity of Nigerian passports. To this effect, applicants are advised to take note of the following regulations guiding the application process for the enhanced e-passport:
National Identity Number (NIN) is a mandatory information to obtain the enhanced passport;
Information on the NIN must tally with the information on the passport for renewal;
The information on the passport payment receipt must tally with the NIN information and the passport for renewal itself;
Applicants shall book their appointment directly at the immigration official website before coming to the Mission;
The enhanced passport requires automated payment verification, NIN and enrolled data, therefore applicants are advised to ensure that the completed online passport application data matches with the old passport data, the intended data to be enrolled and with the NIN.
Prices for the Enhances E-passport are as follows:
32 Pages - 5 years - $ 142
64 Pages - 5 years - $ 162
64 Pages - 10 years - $ 242
A flat rate price applies, with no difference for minors and the elderly.
Only payments made for old standard passport prior to migration to enhanced e-passport are still valid.
UPDATE ON PASSPORT COLLECTION
The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Nigeria wishes to inform all Nigerians who were captured for passport up to August 2023, that the passports are ready for collection. Kindly proceed to the Embassy to pick up your passport.
PASSPORT APPOINTMENT PORTAL
BOOKING PASSPORT APPOINTMENT
The Embassy wishes to inform all passport applicants that appointments for passports will now be obtained from the Nigeria Immigration Website after the completion of the normal passport application process. CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK. Please note that admittance into the Embassy will be with valid appointments only. We wish to reiterate that appointments are free, therefore it is fraudulent to pay for an appointment.
REQUIREMENTS FOR FRESH OR RENEWAL OF PASSPORT
- Duly completed passport application form with 2 passport-sized photographs,
- Payment acknowledgement slip/receipt,
- Guarantor's forms duly completed and signed by the guarantor with a copy of his/her Nigerian passport data page and 2 passport photographs attached,
- Resident permit,
- Residents' registration document.
FOR CHILDREN UNDER 18
- Written letter of consent duly signed by BOTH biological parents (whose names must appear on the birth certificate), is required,
- Passport data pages of the parents,
- Single parents must present evidence of total custodian right/divorce court judgment/ death certificate of the other parent,
- Proof/acknowledgment of paternity to be presented if the name of the father is not on the child's birth certificate.
NEW VISA REGULATION
CHANGE IN VISA APPLICATION PROCEDURE
In compliance with a directive from the Federal government of Nigeria, all visa applicants are hereby informed that with effect from 6th May 2019, visa applications will no longer be received in the Nigerian Embassy in Berlin (Neue Jakobstr. 4, 10179 Berlin). All submissions by applicants are to be made through our government authorized licensed agents, in line with global best practice.
NIGERIA VISA APPLICATION CENTER
Nigerian Government Service provider: Thebez Global Resources Limited / VFS
Address: Zimmerstrasse 68, 10117 Berlin
Opening Hours: (Monday-Friday, 10.00 hrs -16.00 hrs)
Submission Hours: (Monday-Friday 10.00 hrs - 14.00 hrs)
*Please note that submission of Visa application is by appointment online.* Management
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL PASSPORT APPLICANTS
THE EMBASSY OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA IN BERLIN WISHES TO INFORM THE GENERAL PUBLIC THAT MR. FIDELIS LAPSON AND MRS. CHIDIMMA NWANDIKOM ARE NOT STAFF OF THE EMBASSY AND HAVE BEEN BARRED FROM ENTERING THE PREMISES OF THE EMBASSY. ANYONE INVOLVED IN PASSPORT RENEWAL/APPOINTMENT BOOKING WITH ANY OF THEM, DOES SO AT HIS OR HER OWN RISK.
ALL MEMBERS OF STAFF PARTICULARLY SECURITY GUARDS ARE TO ENSURE STRICT ADHERENCE TO THIS DIRECTIVE.
This is to inform Nigerians in Germany that effective 1st May, 2022, COLLECTION OF PASSPORT will ONLY be on Fridays from 9am-3pm. Monday-Thursday is for Application for Passport ONLY.
Kindly take note of this.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS
THE EMBASSY OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA WISHES TO INFORM APPLICANTS THAT CASH PAYMENTS FOR CONSULAR SERVICES ARE PROHIBITED. ACCORDINGLY, APPROPRIATE RECEIPTS WOULD BE ISSUED FOR SERVICES RENDERED AND PAID FOR.
ANY PAYMENT MADE WITHOUT RECEIPT BEING ISSUED SHOULD BE REPORTED TO THE WHATSAPP NUMBER OR EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW: +4917629309426, firstname.lastname@example.org
It has come to attention of the Embassy that certain people have been taking undue advantage of Nigerians seeking to secure appointments for passport renewal at the Embassy. We wish to bring to the attention of all passport applicants that APPOINTMENT FOR PASSPORT IS FREE (NOT PAID FOR). Anyone asking you to pay to get an appointment is engaging in extortion.
In a bid to mitigate fraudulent activities meted on innocent/unsuspecting Nigerians, the Embassy has established a “PUBLIC COMPLAINTS UNIT” that will receive and process complaints about such illegal activities.
If you wish to report any illegal activity pertaining to appointment/issuance of passport, please call/send a WhatsApp message to +49 176 2930 9426. Alternatively, you send an email to email@example.com
Kindly note that all complaints/reports will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
Once again, the Embassy wishes to state that passport appointments are FREE OF CHARGE.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING PASSPORT COLLECTION
PASSPORTS READY FOR COLLECTION:
The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in Berlin, wishes to inform members of the Nigerian community in Germany, that there is an ACCUMULATION OF UNCOLLECTED INTERNATIONAL PASSPORTS. In this regard, the Embassy is calling on Nigerians whose data were CAPTURED BETWEEN SEPTEMBER 2021 AND FEBRUARY 2022, to kindly proceed to the Embassy to pick up their passports. However, those who applied due to missing passport or change of data are not included. Consequently, visitors to the Embassy are kindly advised to adhere strictly to Covid-19 safety protocol bearing in mind the current surge in Germany.
In addition, this notice is to clarify misinformation relating to "intentional delay of passport issuance'' by the Embassy as insinuated in some quarters. Accordingly, the Embassy will continue to work towards delivering prompt and efficient consular services to Nigerians.
IMPORTANT EMAIL ADDRESSES FOR CONSULAR MATTERS
To know whether your passport is ready for collection, send a mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding appointment, kindly send a mail to email@example.com
In furtherance to our notice of 15.12.2020, the general public is hereby notified that with effect from 11.01.2021, the underlisted consular services will attract administrative charge of TWENTY EUROS ONLY (€20), in addition to the following statutory fees:
(a) Legalization of documents individuals €50/page (COMMERCIAL ENTITIES- €300,00)
(b) Age Declaration €40
(c) Fast Track for passport issuance €150 (Subject to availability of passport booklets. Please inquire!)
(d) ETC (Emergency Travel Certificate) €50,00
(e) Application for loss of passport and issuance of consular letter (an administrative charge of €20 only applies)
(f) Secretarial Services: (1) Photocopy- €1,00/page (2) Printing- €1,00/page (3) Filling of passport application forms €10,00
If you have any of the following consular emergencies:
1. Students: Is your passport expiring or had expired during the lockdown prompted by COVID-19 and you need an appointment?
2. Are you in need of an ETC (Emergency Travel Certificate)?
3. Are you in need of an urgent appointment?
Kindly send an E-mail to the: firstname.lastname@example.org
How it works:
1. Send the Email briefly stating your query
2. Send proof to corroborate your query, e.g. copies of your expiring passport, students identification cards, high school matriculation for the current year, official letters requesting you to produce a valid passport with deadline etc.
3. Wait until you receive an answer
4. If need be, further proofs may be required of you. Kindly provide these and simply answer the mail thread.
5. After a review of your query, an appointment will be granted to you to visit the embassy
6. Please note that ALL other consular guidelines, regulations, and instruction still apply, regardless of the urgency of your query. Visit the consular section of the Embassy for such information.
If you have further questions, please call our service numbers listed on the website.
The Consular Section
Robert Koch Institute APP
Corona Warning App by the Robert Koch Institute in Berlin
To protect staff of and visitors to the Embassy of Nigeria, please be informed that the Embassy is mandating henceforth the downloading of the Corona App introduced by the Robert Koch Institute in Berlin, Germany.
Henceforth, NOBODY will be allowed into the Embassy without showing a proof of the app installed on their phones respectively. By implicaton, the App is a conditon to accessing the embassy premises.
You can download the app by following the links below:
BUSINESS & INVESTMENT INFORMATION
- PEBEC National Action Plan 4.0 (2019)
- Opportunities in Nigeria's Bio-Fuel Industry- H. E. Amb. Y.M. Tuggar (24-25. April 2018)
- Nigeria: Economic-Recovery-Growth-Plan-2017-2020
- Presidential Enabling Business Environment Council (PEBEC)
- Investing in Nigeria
- Establishment of investors' & exporters' FX window
- Investment opportunities in the Special Economic Zones for Made in Nigeria for Export (MINE)
- German business in Africa-New Opportunities for German Companies
- Compendium of investment incentives in Nigeria
- Important business-related Email addresses