- Modified date 08.11.2019 PUBLIC HOLIDAY & EMBASSY CLOSURE The Federal Government has declared Monday November 11, 2019 as Public Holiday to...
- Modified date 23.08.2019 NIN & BVN SERVICES FLAG-OFF OF NATIONAL IDENTITY NUMBER (NIN) & BANK VERIFICATION NUMBER (BVN) Nigerians in Germany...
- Modified date 29.04.2019 CHANGE IN VISA APPLICATION PROCEDURE TO ALL VISA APPLICANTS IN GERMANY In compliance with a directive from the Federal government of Nigeria,...
- Modified date 25.01.2019 TEMPORARY RESTRICTION IN PASSPORT ISSUANCE THIS IS TO INFORM ALL PASSPORT APPLICANTS OF A TEMPORARY RESTRICTION IN THE ISSUANCE OF PASSPORTS ON...
- Modified date 18.04.2017 COLLECTION OF PASSPORTS COLLECTION OF PASSPORTS This is to inform Nigerians who have applied for passports from 3 March...
Nigerias National Motto is Unity and Faith, Peace and Progress
Nigeria is located on the west coast of Africa and is the most populous black country in the world, bordering the North Atlantic Ocean, between Benin and Cameroon. Nigeria covers 356,668 sq miles (923,7770 sq kilometers). It is about the same size as California, Nevada and Utah combined. Nigeria is diverse in people and culture. The history of the country goes back to 500 BC when the Nok people were the inhabitants. It was the ending of the 15th century European explorers and traders began their lucrative slave trade with the Yoruba and Benin peoples. In 1861 Lagos was colonized by the British and 1914, the entire country became The Colony and Protectorate of Nigeria. Nigeria became independent in 1960.
Find more information at the Wikipedia.
The National Anthem
Arise, O compatriots, Nigeria’s call obey
To serve our fatherland
With love and strength and faith
The labor of our heroes past
Shall never be in vain
To serve with heart and might
One nation bound in freedom, peace and
Oh God of creation, direct our noble cause
Guide our leaders right
Help our youth the truth to know
In love and honesty to grow
And living just and true
Great lofty heights attain
To build a nation where peace and justice
Notes & Statistics
Muhammadu Buhari (APC)